Emotional Support Dogs Application Form
Emotional Support Dog Application Form
Please read the Terms and Conditions carefully before submitting an application.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF COURSE ENROLLMENT
- Participants must have sufficient English language skills (written and oral) to communicate with staff and fellow participants. All training materials are supplied in English.
- Participants must have the capacity to learn new information and remain focussed for up to 5 days in a row (full-time). Participants unable to attend for this period must enrol in the part-time program.
- Participants must also have the physical capacity to handle and work dogs for that period of time. Handling and training of dogs can be physically demanding, and may include bending, touching the floor, or physically holding onto a dog’s lead if it is pulling. Participants who are unable to handle the dog must have a support person in attendance with them who is able to do the handling.
- Participants may have a support person attend the program with them to assist with the physical, cognitive, or emotional demands of the program. Participants in the part-time program may have up to two support people (one to handle the dog, and one to support the participant as required).
- Support people can be parents, carers, family members, friends or support staff and must have a strong and ongoing bond with both the participant and the dog. Support people must be over 18 years of age. It is an expectation that the primary support person will attend the entire program, and will subsequently continue to support the participant and dog once they return home.
- Each applicant may bring only one dog per course, and the dog must be of suitable age (6+ months) temperament and health to attend the centre, and work in close proximity to other dogs and people.
All information about the participant and their support people will be stored confidentially, in accordance with the Privacy Act. Information obtained throughout the program will remain confidential, except as required by law. That is
- Unless you agree otherwise in writing
- In the case of serious crime, subpoenas, or court cases
- In the case of serious harm or risk of serious harm to people or animals
To apply for a course, complete and submit the online application form. Your application will be processed, and you will receive a confirmation email within 2 business days of the application being received by the Course Coordinator. If you have not received an email from us within 5 business days, please check your Junk Mail folder, then contact the course coordinator directly at Tanya@alphacanineprofessional.com.au.
The confirmation email will include an invoice and a copy of our payment terms. A deposit is due immediately to confirm your place in the program. If payment or contact has not been made within 72 hours, this may forfeit your place in the program. The balance of fees is due no later than 28 days prior to the program commencement. Any arrangement for payment outside of these terms must be discussed with and approved by the Course Coordinator.
If a program is indicated as ‘Waiting List Only’ your application will be placed on the waiting list. Occasionally places become available due to cancellations. Places are offered in order of application and you will be notified by email & SMS (mobile phone message) of an available place. Offers must be accepted or declined within 2 business days or you the place will be offered to the next applicant on the list. Once a place has been accepted you will receive a confirmation email including an invoice and our Payment Terms. A deposit is due immediately to confirm your place in the program. If payment or contact has not been made within 72 hours, this may forfeit your place. The balance of fees is due no later than 28 days prior to the program commencement. Any arrangement for payment outside of these terms must be discussed with and approved by the Course Coordinator.
Refunds for cancellations made prior to 30 days before the program commences will be provided minus a 25% administration fee. Cancellations after this time will be subject to a forfeit of full deposit. Applications may be transferred to a future program, providing places are available, if notification is made to the Course Coordinator prior to 30 days before the program commences. Transfers after this date will be at the discretion of the course administrators. Withdrawals after the program commences will not be subject to a refund.
Should the program be cancelled, for any reason, all monies paid will be refunded in full.
It is an expectation that participants (or the primary support person) attend for 100% of the therapeutic program. The content taught is both sequential and cumulative, meaning that if you miss any content, you may not understand critical foundational concepts moving forward. The course will be delivered in a flexible and responsive way, and you will have access to support from mental health professionals throughout the program. Please note that if you decide to forfeit your place in the program, we will not be able to refund your payment.
Intellectual Property & Copyright
This program and all content delivered, including but not limited to; the therapeutic program structure, outline, activities and processes, assessments, protocols, policies & procedures, remain the intellectual property of Lead The Way Clinics Pty Ltd and relevant Associates (The Alpha Canine Group, Jenny Dwyer & Associates, Patient Paws). No part of this program may be replicated or delivered by you or your agents. You must not use the intellectual property in any other manner without the express written permission of the owners.
All written materials provided to you are subject to copyright. You must not reproduce or distribute any materials or communications without the express written permission of the owners.