Foundation Certification for Therapy Horses
December 2 - December 6
In partnership with Equine Fusion, Lead the Way offers an intensive 5-day course for individuals wishing to train their pony/horse as a Therapy Horse for work in Equine-Assisted Interventions (EAI) or ‘equine therapy’.
This intensive course is designed to provide a solid foundation to working with your pony/horse in professional therapeutic settings (e.g. Equine-Assisted Therapy), or in visiting settings. The course provides a comprehensive background to Therapy-Horse training, handling, socialisation, psychology and body language. We also provide guidance on the formalities and logistics of visiting with your pony/horse, including ethics, occupational health and safety, insurance and policies & procedures. We provide an overview of the of the neurobiological impacts of Human-Animal Interaction (HAI) and the benefits of Equine-Assisted Interventions that will complement training in various EAI models (such as EPI, EAGALA, EPONA).
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- People wanting to certify their pony/horse to visit facilities such as nursing homes or schools
- Experienced pony/horse owners wanting to begin their training in Equine-Assisted Interventions
- Existing EAI practitioners who want to extend their services to include site or facility visits to clients
- EAI practitioners who want to enhance their horse handling skills, and
- EAI practitioners who want the peace of mind that their working pony/horse has certification
For more information, see our training and certification menu!