- This training has passed.
Foundation Certification for Therapy Horses – Closed for Enrolments
02/12/2019 - 06/12/2019
THIS COURSE IS CURRENTLY UNDER RE-DEVELOPMENT AND NOT TAKING ENROLMENTS AT THIS TIME. PLEASE JOIN OUR MAILING LIST TO STAY UP TO DATE WITH NEW INFORMATION.
In partnership with Equine Fusion, Lead the Way offers an intensive 5-day course for individuals wishing to train their pony/horse as a Therapy Horse for work in Equine-Assisted Interventions (EAI) or ‘equine therapy’.
This intensive course is designed to provide a solid foundation to working with your pony/horse in professional therapeutic settings (e.g. Equine-Assisted Therapy), or in visiting settings. The course provides a comprehensive background to Therapy-Horse training, handling, socialisation, psychology and body language. We also provide guidance on the formalities and logistics of visiting with your pony/horse, including ethics, occupational health and safety, insurance and policies & procedures. We provide an overview of the of the neurobiological impacts of Human-Animal Interaction (HAI) and the benefits of Equine-Assisted Interventions that will complement training in various EAI models (such as EPI, EAGALA, EPONA).
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
- People wanting to certify their pony/horse to visit facilities such as nursing homes or schools
- Experienced pony/horse owners wanting to begin their training in Equine-Assisted Interventions
- Existing EAI practitioners who want to extend their services to include site or facility visits to clients
- EAI practitioners who want to enhance their horse handling skills, and
- EAI practitioners who want the peace of mind that their working pony/horse has certification
For more information, see our training and certification menu!